- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
George Washington University is embarking on a series of exciting enhancements to career services at the university. The Career Services Enhancement Initiative is a university-wide strategic plan to enrich the career culture at GW for all of its stakeholders, including students, alumni and employers. This undertaking was initiated through the engagement and support of the Board of Trustees, parents, alumni, and students and the foundational efforts of the Career Services Task Force.
These enhancements, which will be phased in over three years beginning in Summer 2012, are guided by several implementation teams from the central career services center, in partnership with the Career Services Council, school-based career services centers, academic advisors, and other stakeholders from across the university.
These enhancements will:
- firmly establish a strong, university-wide career culture at GW that will empower students and alumni to translate their world-class academic and co-curricular experiences at the university into a lifetime of productive and engaged citizenship.
- strengthen the connections that faculty, academic advisors, parents, alumni, and employers have with the university’s career services efforts.
The enhancements will include:
- redefined career development support for all students and alumni
- expanded employer development activities
- streamlined student employment processes and a strengthened relationship with student career development activities
- coordination of career services through a centralized leadership structure
- a more visible physical presence for the university’s central career services center